Owen Reed are recruting for a DP Manager to work for a top London Law firm.
The DP Manager will have overall responsibility for the management and development of the Document Production function across the UK. The DP Manager will work closely with the Head of Secretarial Services to develop and lead a “Centre of Excellence” that meets the evolving needs of the business.
Key Responsibilities of the DP Manager
• Promote the document production function as a “Centre of Excellence”.
• Responsible for medium to long term strategic planning of an evolving service and working closely with the Head of Secretarial Services to ensure that the strategy aligns with the needs of the business.
• Create and develop workflows and processes to facilitate maximum utilisation of the team and consistently drive high quality of output.
• Develop and promote the role of the workflow coordinator to ensure work is allocated appropriately and SLAs in relation to quality and deadlines are met.
• Build relationships with key stakeholders and users to continue to shape and drive a team that compliments the service provided to our clients.
• Day to day management responsibility for the team, including managing performance and any absence concerns, operational issues and development of the team.
• Responsible for recruitment of new team members and ensuring relevant testing criteria is in place.
• Review utilisation and relevant trends in use to ensure shift patterns and resources are properly aligned to business need.
• Work closely with IT and the L&D teams to ensure on-going training and development is in place to create a high performing culture.
• Attend meetings with new joiners to ensure they understand how the document production teams can support them.
• Work closely with IT and BD to ensure that house style and document templates are used effectively.