Website Owen Reed
Legal’s our bag
Owen Reed are recruiting for a General Office Assistant to join a top law firm in London.
Working 40 hours per week - 5 days in the office
General Office Assistant
General Office Supervisor
To carry out an efficient postal and errand service for all functions in the Firm, particularly for Fee-earners.
All members of the office
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
• To receive, sort and distribute morning newspapers and magazines.
• To open, sort and distribute all Royal Mail and LDE correspondence and to circulate all internal correspondence around the office throughout the day.
• To distribute incoming faxes and courier packages to respective recipients, dispatch faxes and courier packages that are delivered to the General Office and supply faxes with paper and toner.
• To ensure all outgoing mail and LDE is correctly addressed and secure, frank with correct postage and ensure collection by Royal Mail.
• Book international and UK same day couriers.
• Book taxi/car requests with email confirmation.
• To order stationery items, toners and parts for photocopiers and printers and ensure constant supply of paper for printers.
• To provide an errand service including: responding to emails and telephone requests regarding faulty equipment or other matters; pack up and deliver all stationery requests; liaise with receptionists to arrange conference rooms; supply equipment for conferences, seminars, lecturers and other events.
• To enter incoming cheque and BACS payments and deliver/collect cheques and/or cash to the bank.
• To deliver and collect documents from Court.
• To arrange distribution of internal temporary security passes and arranging passes for contractors.
• Submit permits for work and maintenance requests to the building management team.
• Assist with workstation assessments and installation of office equipment.
• To help with the setting up equipment for conferences, internal and external client events as necessary.
• Assist with internal office moves, moving furniture to prepare workspaces as required.
• To refer matters to the supervisor as necessary.
• To identify own development needs and prepare, agree, implement and review development plans.
• To monitor and maintain a healthy, safe and secure workplace.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
• Good interpersonal and organizational skills
• Ability to communicate well and provide a prompt and courteous service
• Ability to work at all levels
• Ability to work unsupervised and as part of a team
• Ability to work overtime as required
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
• 3 years General Office experience
• Good secondary education
• Basic IT skills
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org
I have used Owen Reed for many years now, mostly dealing with Jane who has been fantastic, consistently working hard to secure me a position. More recently, Anna (and Archie, who I must say is fabulous at preparing candidates for interview!), has been looking after me, staying in touch and keeping me updated with developments. Between us all we have managed to find me a brilliant opportunity, I am so happy! Owen Reed are my absolute go-to agency as they genuinely care about finding their candidates their perfect job.
Amazing experience with Anna at Owen Reed who successfully secured me a fabulous job ! Thank you to Anna for all your support and guidance!
Great service from Archie start to finish. Coached throughout the whole process kept informed in a timely manner very approachable and professional. Would highly recommend Owen Reed.
Spoke with Archie and she’s been the best recruitment person I’ve worked with. I went from having no job offers in three months to three in a week. Guided me through interviews and prepped me for potential questions so there wouldn’t be any awkward gaps or silences. Changed my whole approach when speaking to interviewers and my only regret is not speaking to Archie sooner 🤝
Working with Archie was one of the best experiences because she was amazing when it came to preparing me for interviews as well as ready and willing to answer any and all questions. Her help will be something I will always remember and would 100% recommend anyone to work with her!
I have been thoroughly impressed and a little blow away by the support received from Archie of Owen Reed. She first approached me about a couple of roles she was recruiting to and once it was decided that she would forward my resume to a prospective employer, supported me in every aspect of the process. She has kept me fully informed, has supported me with interviewing notes and a question and answer session and has given me 'confidence building chats' in preparation of my interview. Suffice to say, after having 2 interviews, I was offered the role which I am super excited about. Cannot thank Archie enough for her support. Would recommend her to anyone seeking a new Legal PA/EA role - she is great and an asset to Owen Reed. May you go from strength to strength Archie . . . thank you!
Copyright 2022 © Owen Reed Ltd.