Owen Reed are recrutiing for a Graduate Recruitment & Development Assistant to join a law firm in the London office.
The Graduate Recruitment & Development Assistant will be supporting the team to attract and recruit high-calibre trainee solicitors, and assisting with the effective operation of the two-year training and development programme. The Graduate Recruitment & Development Assistant will require a certain level of support being provided to our HR Generalist team on matters highlighted below.
• Assisting with the logistics and operation of the firm’s UK summer vacation schemes, autumn training contract assessment centres, winter open days, and law fairs and career presentations programme (this may involve weekly travel during busy term-time periods).
• Organising and attending various social events with the Graduate Recruitment & Development Manager relating to current trainees, future trainees and our London summer vacation scheme candidates.
• Maintaining and updating the online graduate recruitment system, and producing reports as and when required to track statistics relating to equality and diversity, marketing, etc.
• Meeting with visitors to the firm looking for information on our graduate recruitment activities and events, including client contacts, junior careers service staff, work experience students.
• Ensuring that the graduate recruitment webpages on the firm’s website are regularly maintained and accurate.
• Participating in any graduate recruitment sponsorship activities that the function may commit to and undertake.
• Overseeing payments due to various parties in line with our annual activities and monitoring this with our financial year budget allocations.
• Administering, arranging and overseeing the on-boarding process for our each new trainee intake, including adding the requisite information on the firm’s HR database; producing the induction programme and their training packs; and so on.
• Producing trainee and NQ employment contracts.
• Recording and maintaining key information such as seat changes, make-up of intakes, future trainee whereabouts, and so on.
• Organising the mid-seat discussion process with our trainees and co-ordinating diaries nationally and internationally.
• Managing the circulation of key information relating to our Professional Skills Courses (both compulsories and electives) and overseeing the attendance of our trainees to these events.
• Administering various information as and when required by our Finance team.
• Answering and / or directing queries raised by trainees, which will require you to have an understanding of employment law, best practice and HR policies.
• Managing the trainees’ mid-seat and end-of-seat appraisal process documentation, including safe filing.
• Assisting with the firm’s qualification process.
• Managing SRA-required processes such as the registration of training contracts; processing DBS forms and AD1 forms for our internal qualifiers; and so on.