Owen Reed are recruiting for a HR Officer to join a top Law firm in Holborn.
Th HR Officer will provide comprehensive, proactive operational support within the HR Team and more broadly to the firm’s HR function. To ensure that operational procedures, systems and processes are co-ordinated and aligned with the HR team’s aims and objectives as well as with the firm’s business imperatives for excellence.
Responsibilities of the HR Officer
• Build and maintain effective and credible working relationships to support all stakeholders within the designated client groups.
• Co-ordinate regular meetings (sometimes in conjunction with other HR Officer) with the leadership and managers at the firm. Where necessary circulate the agenda, attend meetings, take minutes and note any actions and circulate to attendees in a timely manner.
• Attend departmental meetings to develop relationships and ensure all staff are aware of their HR point of contact.
• Conduct regular HR inductions for new joiners to the firm.
• Proactively follow-up with new joiners to help ensure an effective initial integration into their team and the firm.
• Produce letters and memos to employees as required in relation to changes to terms and conditions of employment.
• Prepare correspondence relating to employee relations meetings (including grievance, performance, disciplinary and capability hearings, flexible working request meetings, long and short-term family leave and returning to work from leave and exit interviews).
• Draft scripts in preparation for employee relations meetings for managers or Head of HR Operations where required. Attend employee relations meetings in a notetaking or HR support capacity.
• Co-ordinate family leave process for relevant Fee-earning, Business Services and Secretarial client groups including initial meetings, advising on family leave policies and relevant forms and liaising with the Recruitment Officer and the relevant line manager regarding cover
• Monitor monthly the client group absence levels, analyse trends, highlight issues and concerns against the firm’s sickness absence policy, and make recommendations to HR Management team.
• Provide guidance to managers and partners in respect of any return to work meetings they are preparing for, as required.
• Manage, and where necessary, support managers and partners with long term absence.
• Prepare leaver letters and complete relevant leaver administration.
• Manage online exit interview process, arrange and conduct face to face exit interviews with leavers in relevant client groups and produce written summary of the meeting.
• Complete monthly payroll variation instructions within the timeframes required
• Assist Reward & Benefits Manager and HR Systems and MI Analyst with the annual benefits, salary and bonus review processes.
• Assist with any other ad hoc project or task as identified and required by the firm or HR Management team.
• Provide coaching, guidance and mentoring to the HR Assistants.