Owen Reed are recruiting for a HR Talent and Development Manager for a London law firm. The HR Talent and Development Manager will report to the HR Director.
The HR Talent and Development Manager will work closely with the HR Director, supporting both the day-to-day and strategic HR, learning and development requirements of the firm. The firm are looking to develop our talent management strategy with the overall aim to improve capability and levels of performance and retain key people ensuring that the firm has what is required for continued success in the future.
The HR Talent and Development Manager will provide oversight and management of the firm’s performance management processes, talent selection and learning and development programmes which will involve an interesting combination of strategic thinking, development of initiatives and delivery of coaching and training and projects.
Main duties and responsibilities of the HR Talent and Development Manager will include:
• Undertake training needs analysis exercises to identify continuous development and specific training needs, utilising internal data such as the firm’s business plan, the firm’s engagement survey and appraisal reports
• Keep up to date with learning and development best practice to ensure creative and innovative design when updating resourcing strategies, new training material/programmes to include blended learning and e-learning solutions
• Design and oversee the firm’s annual internal training programme
• Pro actively build and maintain effective working relationships with practice areas and business support teams providing them with professional advice, coaching and guidance on people management and development
• Support the development of training plans to ensure all training needs and activities are met
• Advise line managers and employees as requested on appropriate learning and development activities
• Design and delivery of skills workshops to all levels of employees on a variety of soft skills topics
• Source, review and manage external training providers ensuring that training courses are as beneficial and bespoke as possible
• Promote the training, learning and development offering through creative and impactful communications
• Manage and improve upon the firm’s performance management processes which includes advice to line managers on managing performance throughout probation and ongoing supervision and implementing supportive tools, developing the firm’s appraisal process in line with the firm’s objectives and managing the annual process ensuring that support is given in preparation for meetings, providing feedback, setting objectives, promotion discussions and training needs are followed up on
• Designing and development of career development pathways, plans and programmes for associates, partners and managers, ensuring that the programmes align with firm strategy
• Work closely with the Recruitment Manager to inform resourcing strategies for the firm and implement approach to improve talent attraction and selection methods
• Manage the process for trainee solicitors including attracting, selecting and assisting with their learning and development throughout the training contract
• Assisting the recruitment team where required with the recruitment of lawyers, business support team members and trainee solicitors
• Research and recommend routes for alternative career paths such as apprenticeships for the firm including legal and non legal
• Play a key role in ensuring new joiners are settled into the firm ensuring that all parts of the process are in place prior to start
• Providing advice and assistance throughout the probation period to new joiners and line managers
• Reviewing and analysing trends coming out of the new starter reviews, exit interviews and engagement surveys to drive improvements where necessary
• Support the HR team with key projects identified in the business plan initiating ideas and writing project proposals for the HR Director and firm’s Management Team’s consideration
• Manage the firm’s training budget and provide robust management information to track learning activities, understand return on investment and identify opportunities
• Ongoing review alongside the HR Manager of firm’s polices and procedures recommending and editing where appropriate
• Develop the training, learning and development pages of the firm’s internal intranet portal
• Assist with employee relations issues as required
• As a senior member of a small team, providing a point of leadership and mentoring to the team as a whole.
For more details please contact Ebrar Hassan