Owen Reed are recruiting for a Legal PA to join a law firm in Chancery Lane. The Legal PA will work within the Commercial team.
The Legal PA will provide an exceptional level of secretarial support to the lawyers within the department.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES OF THE LEGAL PA
• General ‘PA duties’ including: accurate message taking; monitoring emails; file management; audio/copy typing, marking up and formatting documents, archiving and filing on the Document Management system.
• Document organisation, indexing and assembly of files.
• Day to day online complex diary management for highly effective and in demand Partners/ Associates, dealing with diary conflicts in a diplomatic way and acting as a robust gatekeeper
• Setting up internal and external meetings, lunches and conference calls and helping to arrange client events, liaising with the events and reception teams
• Arranging international travel and accommodation as well as producing detailed itineraries and liaising with clients and organisations to arrange meetings and seminars
• Team work – assisting others in the department, covering for absence, picking up telephone calls for the group, ensuring printers are well stocked throughout the day, etc.
• Communication with clients – organising meetings, making and taking telephone calls whenever necessary, monitoring emails from clients for their fee-earners.
• Preparation of PowerPoint presentations and Excel spreadsheets.
• Assisting with the preparation of marketing materials and Pitch Pack documentation.
• Liaising with the Marketing & Business Development department in this regard.
• Billing/WIP management for partners; assisting in the production of bills and liaising with billing co-ordinators and the credit control team.
• Registration Desk – form completion for new client and matter openings, conflict and AML checks.
• Time sheet entries – ensuring weekly inputting of time recording entries onto timesheets for assigned lawyers whenever needed.
• CRM – taking responsibility for updating contact and relationship information in the CRM from assigned lawyers; report CRM entries to Executive Assistants (“EA”) in respective department on regular basis.