Owen Reed are recruiting for a Legal PA to join a top Law firm in Holborn. The Legal PA will work within the Intellectual Property Team
The Legal PA will be supporting two partners and a number of Associates and requires a high level of organisation, with excellent attention to detail and ability to priortise a range of competing tasks. The Legal PA will need to have knowledge of contracts and working with documents.
• To provide all aspects of general administrative support including, but not limited to, diary management, travel planning, expenses, maintenance of calendars and contact lists, management of client files and folders, filing, photocopying, arranging couriers and updating contacts on Interaction.
• Proactive and advance monitoring of fee earner diaries, reminding fee earners of diary commitments and taking responsibility for ensuring that they have all supporting paperwork and information for each meeting or appointment.
• Prepare and type, proofread and amend documents, either from dictation, general instruction or by personal drafting. Documents will include letters, reports, attendance notes, memos, faxes, and emails, ensuring that all copies (electronic and paper) are retained and filed accurately.
• Plan, coordinate, schedule internal/external meetings and conference calls (UK and overseas).
• Dealing with telephone enquiries, managing client enquiries/requests for meetings and taking accurate messages and passing them on promptly or trying to assist and responding on behalf of the fee-earner, if appropriate.
• Opening and closing of files including completing conflict checks, preparation of client engagement letters, collating all the relevant information required and updating client files regularly.
• Create files and manage the filing system for fee earners (paper and electronic) by ensuring all relevant documents are sorted and accurately filed regularly. When required, the management of closed files, ensuring, these are effectively archived.
• Assist with maintaining routine billing records, prepare billing guides and assist with the monthly billing process.
• Checking accounts system for monies on account and whether bills have been paid.
• Liaising with support departments to resolve problems on fee-earner’s behalf, taking ownership of the issue and following up where appropriate.
• Overseeing and prioritising incoming email, post and voicemail when fee earners are out of the office, acknowledging receipt and responding on behalf of the fee-earner, if appropriate.
• Proactively managing all tasks related to administrative support using initiative and common sense ensuring a responsive stance on all matters.
• Providing support for ad-hoc project work.
• Providing assistance to other Partners and fee earners during the absence of other secretaries/PPAs in the team, as and when required.
• Preparing presentation slides and materials for internal/external meetings and seminars in the Firm’s house style.