Website Owen Reed
Legal’s our bag
Owen Reed are recruiting for a Legal Personal Assistant to join a top law firm in London.
Hybrid working - 3 days in the office, 2 days at home.
To use own initiative and take full responsibility for providing a comprehensive, seamless secretarial and litigation support to two partners and their team.
Main duties and responsibilities
The role involves utilising our case management system, drafting letters and emails, dealing with clients, experts, counsel and other solicitors, preparing/checking bundles and general administrative support, including the tasks summarised below:-
• Liaise with clients including arranging meetings and the giving and receiving of information and documents as directed
• Organise regular trips to various countries in Africa, Latin America and elsewhere for large teams of lawyers and paralegals.
• Proactively organise legal professionals’ schedules. This can include managing their diaries, arranging meetings, booking meeting rooms, organising parking spaces, hotel accommodation and travel arrangements
• Establish and maintain efficient paper and electronic filing systems for legal professionals. This includes the timely and accurate filing of correspondence and documents
• Accurately open and close client files, efficiently undertaking any file management tasks delegated by legal professionals. Accurately follow procedures when preparing files for archiving
• Produce accurate documents from dictation, verbal or written instructions including the use of templates and precedents
• As directed, draft correspondence, minutes and meeting notes for approval by the relevant legal professionals
• Undertaking time recording and the preparation and submission of bills if requested to do so by a legal professional
• Distribute and despatch post (if requested to do so by a legal professional), provide refreshments for meetings, management of document generation including photocopying and reprographic work delegated to other support staff and outside agencies
• Act as overflow for other members of the department
• Promoting and facilitating teamwork by offering and seeking help whenever necessary
• You will also be required to undertake other ad-hoc duties as requested from time to time
Performance Measured By
• The effective, courteous and enthusiastic execution of your main duties and responsibilities
• Good attendance and timekeeping
• Contribution to the overall objectives of the firm
• The provision of courteous and efficient service to all client contacts
• Efficiency and speed in dealing with work and accuracy of work produced.
• Ability to work with initiative; maintaining a flexible and responsible approach
• Genuine interest to work with a leading claimant law firm and passionate about providing access to justice to all.
• Previous legal secretarial / PA experience.
• Proficient in using a variety of IT packages (MS Word, Excel, Case Management Systems and Outlook).
• Fast and accurate audio and copy typing skills (approx. 70wpm).
• Proven ability to communicate accurately, clearly and concisely, both verbally and in writing with a wide range of internal stakeholders and clients.
• Ability to take initiative.
• Ability to consistently produce work accurately, promptly and efficiently; whilst maintaining a flexible and responsible approach and a professional conduct.
• A confident, reliable, proactive team member with the ability to multi-task, prioritise and work in an organised and methodical manner.
• Experience of working within case management systems and in devising new ways of working that improve efficiency and ensure first class client care.
• Commitment to first class client care and portraying a professional image.
• Proven ability to organise and prioritise a complex workload and work to tight deadlines whilst maintaining a positive attitude.
• Have interest and skills to be able to carry out some paralegal work occasionally.
• Previous secretarial experience within a litigation firm and/or dealing with legal aid cases will be highly advantageous.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org
I have used Owen Reed for many years now, mostly dealing with Jane who has been fantastic, consistently working hard to secure me a position. More recently, Anna (and Archie, who I must say is fabulous at preparing candidates for interview!), has been looking after me, staying in touch and keeping me updated with developments. Between us all we have managed to find me a brilliant opportunity, I am so happy! Owen Reed are my absolute go-to agency as they genuinely care about finding their candidates their perfect job.
Amazing experience with Anna at Owen Reed who successfully secured me a fabulous job ! Thank you to Anna for all your support and guidance!
Great service from Archie start to finish. Coached throughout the whole process kept informed in a timely manner very approachable and professional. Would highly recommend Owen Reed.
Spoke with Archie and she’s been the best recruitment person I’ve worked with. I went from having no job offers in three months to three in a week. Guided me through interviews and prepped me for potential questions so there wouldn’t be any awkward gaps or silences. Changed my whole approach when speaking to interviewers and my only regret is not speaking to Archie sooner 🤝
Working with Archie was one of the best experiences because she was amazing when it came to preparing me for interviews as well as ready and willing to answer any and all questions. Her help will be something I will always remember and would 100% recommend anyone to work with her!
I have been thoroughly impressed and a little blow away by the support received from Archie of Owen Reed. She first approached me about a couple of roles she was recruiting to and once it was decided that she would forward my resume to a prospective employer, supported me in every aspect of the process. She has kept me fully informed, has supported me with interviewing notes and a question and answer session and has given me 'confidence building chats' in preparation of my interview. Suffice to say, after having 2 interviews, I was offered the role which I am super excited about. Cannot thank Archie enough for her support. Would recommend her to anyone seeking a new Legal PA/EA role - she is great and an asset to Owen Reed. May you go from strength to strength Archie . . . thank you!
Copyright 2022 © Owen Reed Ltd.