Owen Reed are recruiting for a Legal PA to join a top London law firm. The Legal PA will work within the Risk and Compliance department.
The Legal PA will provide high quality organisational and legal PA support to 3 senior Risk & Compliance Managers and ad hoc support to our two General Counsel.
• Complete audio dictation and copy type letters, memos and reports as required and to prepare signed correspondence for despatch.
• Proactive and advance monitoring of diaries, reminding the Senior Managers and General Counsel as needed of diary commitments and taking responsibility for ensuring that they have all supporting paperwork and information for each meeting or appointment
• Attend client meetings and take comprehensive minutes and notes and be responsive to the needs of the team.
• Manage each Senior Risk and Compliance Manger’s phone calls and on-going requests from clients and colleagues and be proactive in providing assistance where possible including taking accurate messages and passing them on promptly or trying to assist and responding their behalf, if appropriate.
• Overseeing and prioritising incoming email, post and voicemail when the Senior Managers are out of the office, acknowledging receipt and responding on behalf of the Managers, if appropriate.
• Dealing with all internal and external clients in a timely, professional and courteous manner.
• Prepare and type, proofread and amend documents, either from dictation, general instruction or by personal drafting. Documents will include letters, reports, attendance notes, memos, faxes, and emails, ensuring that all copies (electronic and paper) are retained and filed accurately.
• Preparing presentation slides and materials for internal/external meetings and seminars in the Firm’s house style.
• Create files and manage the filing system (paper and electronic) by ensuring all relevant documents are sorted and accurately filed regularly.
• Liaising with support departments to resolve problems on the Senior Manager’s behalf, taking ownership of the issue and following up where appropriate.
• Provide support for other administrative duties – photocopying, faxing, responding to emails, answering the phone etc.
• To support and help manage smaller projects being undertaken in the wider team.
• Testing new technology to be used by the team and providing feedback.
• When required assist other members of the team on various tasks and projects.
• Assist the R&C team and members of the co-opted team of solicitors with a range of regulatory advice to partners and associates across the firm.
• Conduct legal research, analysis and interpretation from relevant sources in relation to the identity of relevant entities, in their investigation of complaints and other compliance issues.
• Prepare bundles and other legal documents as required.
• To work under pressure to meet deadlines with a flexible attitude to working overtime on the few occasions when an urgent matter may require it.
• To maintain strict confidentiality in respect of those matters which are commercially sensitive or secret and only share them with colleagues and others on a need to know basis (who are themselves bound by an obligation of confidentiality).
• To be a positive role model to the R&C junior team members and help support them through induction and business change.