Owen Reed are recruiting for a Legal PA to join a top law firm in London. The Legal PA will work within the Shipping team.
The Legal PA will provide top secretarial support to two Partners, three Associates and a Trainee Solicitor. The Legal PA will report to the Team Leader – Secretarial Services.
Key Responsibilities of the Legal PA
• Support lawyers in marketing and BD activities, including:
• Entering new contact information onto the CRM system (InterAction) and keeping the data up-to-date;
• Ensuring that lawyers’ client activities and PD reports are recorded on the CRM;
• Keeping lawyers’ bios up-to-date;
• Creating first draft speaker profiles for particular events;
• Opening and closing cases in compliance with case management procedures;
• Become an active part in the care of clients and be wholly familiar with contacts/clients;
• Deal with basic client queries and general administration;
• Arrange client meetings.
• Assist lawyers in ensuring their time is recorded properly and entered onto the system on a daily basis;
• Assist lawyers in the billing and credit control process by liaising with the lawyer and Revenue & Collections team to produce standard financial/time reports through the system;
• Request cheques, bank transfers and pay in money received, as appropriate.
• Manage diaries, ensuring they are up-to-date, and reminding lawyers of meetings, etc. on a daily basis;
• Arrange meetings, book conference rooms, refreshments/catering, check room set-up prior to meetings and liaise with other attendees, both internal and external;
• Arrange for travel bookings and related details, including travel expenses;
• Arrange scanning, photocopying, printing, organising couriers, sending out of letters, etc.
• Arrange for files to be opened and closed, supervise general filing requirements and record-keeping;
• Use effective systems to ensure that both short and long-term tasks are completed within required timescales.
• Take internal and external queries, responding as appropriate and/or ensuring that all messages are passed on in a timely manner;
• Monitor post and/or e-mails and deal with as appropriate and ensure that all client-related correspondence is passed on to an appropriate fee earner if the relevant person is out of the office;
• Liaise with business support departments on behalf of lawyers as required;
• Liaise with the Team Leader regarding arranging cover for planned absences, as necessary and communicating this to the relevant fee earners.
• Check correspondence, attachments, documents, reports, presentations, etc. produced by the Document Production team are returned in good time and undertake basic/minor amendments where appropriate;
• Type urgent/short/confidential correspondence;
• Produce and maintain Excel spreadsheets as required.
• Assist others in the Group, both proactively whenever there is spare capacity or it is evident that a colleague needs assistance with their workload and at the request of the Team Leader;
• Pick up telephone calls for other members of the Group when they are away from their desk;
• Participate in a lunch time (telephone) rota within the PA team;
• Work effectively with other legal and business services departments as required.
Any other ad hoc duties as reasonably requested.