Website Owen Reed
Legal’s our bag
Owen Reed is looking to recruit a motivated Legal Recruiting Assistant to join a top law firm in London. This individual will join a tightly knit local team which partners closely with the broader Firmwide Legal Recruiting and Development Department.
This position will assist with the graduate recruiting and development and lateral attorney recruiting.
The ideal candidate will be highly organized, possess excellent proofing and communication (oral and written) skills; the ability to multitask in a fast-paced environment, a very strong attention to detail, and a professional demeanor. Additionally, the ideal candidate will possess strong interpersonal skills with the ability to build relationships among lawyers, staff, candidates and recruiters to achieve results. The role will involve dealing with confidential information, so the candidate is expected to understand and be mindful of the personal nature of the work. It can affect a significant amount of overtime during our busy summer and autumn seasons if required.
SPECIFIC JOB DUTIES
• Working closely with the other LRD team members involved in the graduate and lateral recruiting efforts. The split of the work between the two areas will vary and depend on the team's needs at any one time.
• Liaising with legal teams, arranging interviews, greeting candidates, collating feedback for trainees and
• Responsible for tracking applicants through our ATS – CV Mail.
• Keeping on top of background checks and all new joiner processes, including arranging orientation sessions.
• Processing invoices.
• Work with the team to help manage the relationship between the Firm and target universities, advertisers and groups and societies within the student population.
• Keep up to date with new ways to engage and attract UK law students.
• Involved in the promotion of the firm on campus in the UK (attendance at law fairs) where required
• Along with the team, help to review all graduate applications, helping select those suitable for assessment days or interviews. This includes ensuring all materials are up to date for the various assessment days and interview packs collated.
• Helping to organise graduate schemes including events; presentations and assessments and helping the team ensure the smooth running of the scheme. Making sure all necessary paperwork is in place for all attending students.
• Helping administer the open day application process and arrangements for the day including room bookings, catering and registers as well as necessary IT set up.
• Ensure that our future trainees are kept regularly up to date with firm news and that issues surrounding the PGDL and/ or SQE are managed effectively and arranging the payment of maintenance grants.
• Reporting on graduate recruitment statistics to the US for firm wide discussion. Involved in liaising with the US offices in relation to recruiting generally.
• To monitor our competitors and ensure we are constantly improving our approach. Including attending local Graduate Recruiting Forums along with other team members and keeping data in relation to market trends.
• Assist with the co-ordination of the trainee induction program and PSC course for all trainees (where
• Working with the team, organise and arrange the qualification and admission process for our qualifying
trainees. Ensuring compliance with all SRA regulations.
• Overseeing the Unity training diary programme for the trainees. Following up as necessary.
• Setting up all trainee reviews including diarizing and room booking.
• Maintaining a spreadsheet of trainee holidays.
• US Graduate Interviews - along with other team members responsible for organising virtual interview
schedules at Harvard and Columbia/CV collection and arranging any London callback interviews.
• Working with the team to help coordinate the US Summer Programme.
• Working with the team, co-ordinating induction programme, practice group talks and events for two summer vacation schemes or insight days.
• Working with the team; practice groups; and PSLs to co-ordinate the trainee training programme and and ensure all materials and meeting set ups are in order, diary invites sent and updated accurately where
• Keeping up to date on SRA regulations and other regulations such as GDPR. Ensuring firm in compliance.
• Ensure filing systems and processes are up to date including logging of candidate details.
• With the team, understand the relationships with various publications/graduate recruitment marketing strategy partners to maintain K&E in a competitive position.
• Assisting with the qualification process for our trainees. Including SRA requirements.
• Ensuring excellent DMS (Document Management System) filing of important emails and documents
• Assisting the team with diversity; immigration; regulatory and other matters as needed.
• To undertake any other tasks or responsibilities that reasonably fall within the remit of this position. This job description is intended to describe the general nature and level of the work being performed by employees in this job. It is not intended to be a complete list of all responsibilities duties and skills required for this job classification.
The ideal candidate will be educated to degree level and have proven experience in a law firm or professional service industry- (preferably with professional recruitment experience) or within the legal or professional services recruitment industry. An understanding of the legal qualification route to becoming a solicitor is helpful.
• Ability to effectively prioritise and respond to multiple service requests, often while working under tight
• Reliability, commitment and punctuality.
• Ability to maintain confidentiality.
• Excellent customer service orientation with excellent communication skills and the ability to work with
attorneys, staff, candidates and recruiters at all levels.
• Professional attire and demeanor.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org
I used Saniha and she was absolutely great! So friendly and helpful!
I am extremely appreciative of the Owen Reed recruitment consultants, but Saniha in particular for being the amazing person she is! Saniha put forth a lot of effort to help me land my brand-new exciting role. Throughout the entire process, she was consistent in her communication, really detailed in her advice and super supportive! The reason Owen Reed are the top recruiters in London is rather obvious. I want to express gratitude to Saniha once more for all of her assistance and support. Without her, I would not have been able to secure this exciting new position. I would 100% recommend Owen Reed to any of my friends or family who are seeking a new legal position! :)
I received first a call from Rachel who asked me what type of job I was looking for. Later on she sent me an application form and she added my cv on their system. On 12 April Isabella sent me a job application by email and I applied for an Admin Assistant role. Isabella was brilliant and so professional. She was my first point of contact, advising me all the way through. Archie also help me on my interview questions. I finally got the job. A big thank you for the team who were I will say the best recruitment agency. They are real people doing a job they like and they know inside out. On my first day at work, she called me to know how I was. Well done. Amazing agency!
I had such a great experience with Archie she was incredibly helpful and get me updated throughout my time with Owen Reed, I am incredibly thankful for her, for helping me to get my permanent full time job. Thank you
A massive thank you to Archie who was amazing - she was so helpful from start to finish and the prep before the interview was just what I needed. Thank you so much ..
Saniha secured me a role and she went the extra mile. Was extremely friendly, supportive and did not treat me like just a number. I was very satisfied with their help and would highly recommend.
I received exceptionally professional and sterling service from Owen Reed. Isabela and Archie were especially instrumental in securing me a new role within just 4 short weeks! They proactively guided and supported me with job ideas, interview preparation and feedback. They have been a joy to liaise with and I greatly appreciate their time and efforts. I thoroughly recommend them.
“I would highly recommend recruitment Owen Reed. Fantastic professional service very quick response to my application and they updating me with every stage of the process. Especially Archie she was amazing helpful I was received full support from Archie. Everyone is very friendly professional in the office. I am just about to start a great new role thanks to their fantastic services.” “I would highly recommend Owen Reed to all my family and friends. Owen Reed the best recruitment ever ! Thank you Archie and Isabela
I've known Archie for 18 months now. In one word, she is phenomenal! Not only is Archie a go-getter, she is full of energy and enthusiasm and she will go all out for you. She is also very caring and I always felt in good hands from start to finish. Archie has placed me in a job and I'm super excited to see where that takes me. This is my opportunity of publicly saying: "Archie, you are amazing - thank you so much for your dedication and your hard work". Kindest regards, Francoise
I am so grateful to the Owen Reed recruitment consultants but especially to Archana Somasegaran for being the incredible person she is! Archie worked so hard to help me secure my new and exciting role with and incredible Law firm in London. She was consistent with her communication and specific with her tips throughout the entire process. I would like to reiterate, it has been less than a month since I joined Owen Reed and within 2 or 3 days of talking with Archie, I have been hired for this amazing new role. It is quite clear why Owen Reed are the best recruiters in London! Once more, I would like to thank Archie for her incredible help and support. I couldn’t have done it without her. I wouldn’t hesitate to recommend Owen Reed to any of my friends and family looking for a legal role!
A massive thank you to Archie!!! Talk about someone who is constantly fighting your corner and is genuinely invested in finding that perfect role. Archie made me feel like I was her most important candidate, coaching me for interviews and building up my confidence as she constantly demonstrated her absolute belief in me. Archie you haven’t been at OR that long but I think they have found a great asset in you. I have formed a great bond with you. You are so easy to talk to and made me feel comfortable and confident at all times. Archie I can’t thank you enough for your support and help in landing me my perfect role!!!! I 100 million percentage recommend you to anyone who is out there wondering what their next role will be
Just wanted to say a Massive thank you to Archie(ana) she has supported me in finally getting my dream job!!She walked me through the entire process ,even spent time extra time ensuring i was interview ready.I will forever be grateful to her and the entire team at Owen Reed.
A big thank you to the fantastic team at Owen Reed for helping me to secure a new role recently. I have been dealing with Anna, Archie and Rachel and they have all been so supportive, friendly and helpful, particularly around interview prep and understanding the roles I was put forward for. Would definitely recommend!! Thank you!
I've used Owen Reed successfully in the past, and again very recently, leading to being offered a new role in the space of a couple of weeks. Archie helped find my latest role and I cannot thank her enough! Archie is very friendly and her enthusiasm in wanting to help find your ideal role is really encouraging and helps boost your confidence throughout the process. She is very supportive and listened to exactly what I wanted, found exactly that, and assisted thoroughly with interview preparation etc. Thank you so much Archie!! :)
Great service from Owen Reed team. Rachel and Archie were very helpful and eventually helped me to get the right role quite quickly. Great communication and effort from everyone here.
I cannot thank Archie enough! She was amazing and was there for me every step of the way, with guidance, confidence boosting and also caring and understanding, she pushed me to believe in myself more and her interview prep and tips were invaluable! She found me a new role within 3 weeks! Archie even called me on the morning of starting my new role to wish me luck, she truly has the personal touch. Thanks Archie, you are a superstar!
Copyright 2022 © Owen Reed Ltd.