Owen Reed are recruiting for a Legal Secretary to join a top London Law firm. The Legal Secretary will work within the Corporate Finance team.
The Legal Secretary will provide professional secretarial, organisational and administrative service. The Legal Secretary will be working with two Partners and a team of fee earners up to 10 people.
• Take ownership of enquiries, resolving or escalating
• Build an understanding of the nature of the fee earners work, get to know their clients and build relationships with them and the client PAs
• Produce long, complex and accurate house-style documents, manuscript amends, audio dictation and document comparisons
• Demonstrate strong organisational skills, regularly act on own initiative, highlighting issues and suggesting possible solutions
• Organise and prioritise workload and keep a level-headed approach in a busy working environment
• Actively source and share knowledge with others
• Build a network of strong working relationships both internally and externally
• Diary management – arranging meetings, conference calls, lunches etc
• Taking accurate and detailed telephone messages
• Accurate and regular maintenance of filing systems, e-filing, and archiving and retrieval of files
• Provide cover for others in the team as requested
• Preparing and producing bills, keeping accurate records of expenses, disbursements and fees for client billing, liaising with billing department to monitor payment of fees
• Organising travel (including flights, accommodation and restaurants) and providing the fee earners with detailed itineraries
• Ad hoc duties as and when required