Website Owen Reed
Legal’s our bag
Owen Reed are recruiting for an experienced, organised and energetic Legal Secretary to join a top law firm in the West End. The Legal Secretary will work within the Investigations and Criminal Litigation team. This is a fixed term contract to cover maternity leave.
The Legal Secretary will support an allocation of one Partner and nine lawyers. They are a collegiate, friendly and well-established team who require someone with solid communication and organisational skills, as well as a good sense of humour.
The Legal Secretary will be experienced in providing secretarial support, have excellent organisation and technical skills and be able to remain calm under pressure, whilst multi-tasking. Hands-on billing & collections experience is essential. As this role is the sole support within the team, it is essential that skills are already polished. They must have exceptional diary management skills and demonstrate solid secretarial experience. It is important that they are well versed in using iManage, the Microsoft suite and time recording systems. They must have outstanding time management and an exemplary attendance record. They should also be flexible in working overtime, although historically this hasn’t been extensive.
• Producing all typing, dictation and secretarial services, correspondence and fax, including sometimes lengthy document production.
• Preparing standard documents from templates.
• Using the Firm’s technology, including; iManage, Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook; information systems; Internet research and document management systems.
• Obtain business visas for UK passport holders.
• Event administration including reservations, creating and sending invites, tracking and responding to RSVPs
• Organise annual retreat for a team of lawyers, to include budgets, reservations and travel logistics.
• Track billing and collections tasks and follow up.
• Opening new clients and matters on the database system.
• Carrying out conflict checks.
• Carrying out general administration tasks, including photocopying, scanning and document preparation.
• Maintaining diary and schedules for fee earners, including travel arrangements, preparing itineraries and organising internal and external lunches.
• Processing complex travel arrangements and addressing last minute changes.
• Organising and processing expenses and bill preparation as required.
• Managing time entry and management for fee earners in the InTapp system.
• Answering and dealing with telephone calls.
• Managing Partner diary and responding to routine emails as required.
• Organising and liaising with clients and other third parties for meetings and conference calls.
• Communicating and liaising with colleagues and the Firm’s other offices on day to day matters.
• Maintaining professional and effective dialogue with clients when fee earners are absent, ensuring close liaison with exemplary client care; proactively supporting Firm-wide client service initiatives.
• Maintaining up to date and accurate client contact database (InterAction).
• Keep track of client contacts and use as a business development tool.
• Organising and maintaining filing systems.
• Assisting other secretaries, fee earners and staff as required.
• Covering secretarial support during absences including, but not limited to, holiday and sickness.
• Covering other support functions as and when required.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org
I have used Owen Reed for many years now, mostly dealing with Jane who has been fantastic, consistently working hard to secure me a position. More recently, Anna (and Archie, who I must say is fabulous at preparing candidates for interview!), has been looking after me, staying in touch and keeping me updated with developments. Between us all we have managed to find me a brilliant opportunity, I am so happy! Owen Reed are my absolute go-to agency as they genuinely care about finding their candidates their perfect job.
Amazing experience with Anna at Owen Reed who successfully secured me a fabulous job ! Thank you to Anna for all your support and guidance!
Great service from Archie start to finish. Coached throughout the whole process kept informed in a timely manner very approachable and professional. Would highly recommend Owen Reed.
Spoke with Archie and she’s been the best recruitment person I’ve worked with. I went from having no job offers in three months to three in a week. Guided me through interviews and prepped me for potential questions so there wouldn’t be any awkward gaps or silences. Changed my whole approach when speaking to interviewers and my only regret is not speaking to Archie sooner 🤝
Working with Archie was one of the best experiences because she was amazing when it came to preparing me for interviews as well as ready and willing to answer any and all questions. Her help will be something I will always remember and would 100% recommend anyone to work with her!
I have been thoroughly impressed and a little blow away by the support received from Archie of Owen Reed. She first approached me about a couple of roles she was recruiting to and once it was decided that she would forward my resume to a prospective employer, supported me in every aspect of the process. She has kept me fully informed, has supported me with interviewing notes and a question and answer session and has given me 'confidence building chats' in preparation of my interview. Suffice to say, after having 2 interviews, I was offered the role which I am super excited about. Cannot thank Archie enough for her support. Would recommend her to anyone seeking a new Legal PA/EA role - she is great and an asset to Owen Reed. May you go from strength to strength Archie . . . thank you!
Copyright 2022 © Owen Reed Ltd.