Owen Reed are recruiting for a Legal Secretary to join a top law firm. The Legal Secretary will work within the Private Client team.
The Legal Secretary requires exceptional secretarial and personal skills together with the ability to seamlessly manage all elements of workflow, demonstrating initiative, enthusiasm and professionalism. The Legal Secretary will be supporting 2 fee earners. Ideally the Legal Secretary must have experience within a Private Client department and have knowledge of wills, deeds & declarations in particular.
• Significant legal secretarial expertise as a private client secretary gained at partner level within a London law firm
• Experience of providing a polished secretarial service and administrative support to a busy team of allocated fee earners
• Proactivity and ability to enthusiastically take ownership of the team’s workflow, utilising the support departments where appropriate and as part of providing regular workflow solutions
• Ability to prepare, edit and proofread all documents (in particular, wills and deeds), house style and non house style, either from dictation, general instruction
• Experience of managing and organising Outlook; inboxes, calendars and contacts, reviewing and forwarding internal and external mail, e-filing and all general maintenance of client files and folders
• Experience of maintaining routine billing, billing guides and financial records, prepare and closely assisting with all aspects of the bill production process
• Provide assistance to partners and fee earners during the absence of other secretaries in the team, as and when required
• Excellent and pleasant communication skills together with emotional intelligence.