Owen Reed are recruiting for a Legal Secretary to join a top law firm. The Legal Secretary will work within the Residential Property.
The Legal Secretary will report to the Secretarial Co-ordinator. The Legal Secretary will provide and efficient paralegal and secretarial service.
Duties of the Legal Secretary
• Producing and formatting documents, reports and correspondence
• Typing from digital dictation (via BigHand), handwritten drafts or typed documents
• Responsible for administration tasks such as: opening and closing files; diary management;
making travel arrangements; processing expenses claims.
• Filing, photocopying, and scanning as and when required
• Managing and redirecting telephone calls including taking messages
• Liaising with Facilities/Accounts and other support departments
• Assisting with the Team billing process as and however required
• First line of support for day-to-day Junior Legal Secretary queries
• File opening and collation of details
• Using precedent documents to start off transactions for long standing clients
• Dealing with on line search transactions and enquiries
• Preparing reports to clients for freehold and leasehold properties
• Preparing files for exchange and dealing with completions and all post completion work
• Dealing with other solicitors, clients and estate agents
• Recording time appropriately.
• Dealing with emails, correspondence and phone calls in fee earner absence
• Meeting clients as and when necessary
• As the Firm’s secretaries tend to work together to assist with any overflow work, there may be
occasions where it will be expected that assistance is offered to others as and when appropriate