Owen Reed are recruiting for a Legal Secretary to join a law firm in London. The Legal Secretary will work within the Restructuring team.
The Legal Secretary will perform a variety of secretarial duties for fee earners to whom assigned according to established policies and procedures. Maintains positive contact with clients, fee earners and staff and observes confidentiality of client matters.
JOB RESPONSIBILITIES OF THE LEGAL SECRETARY
• Transcribe from tapes, handwritten materials and/or dictation.
• Organise and prioritise telephone calls, mail, documents and projects.
• Read and deal with incoming mail. Ensure that outgoing mail is timely delivered.
• Schedule and organise activities such as meetings, conferences, travel and departmental activities.
• Establish and maintain calendar and deadline reminder systems.
• Maintain filing and records management systems.
• Open new files, maintain all client and general files.
• Utilise the Firm’s computer systems and software applications.
• Prepare legal documents and provide administrative support.
• Exercise discretion and judgement, prioritise effectively and often handle requests from multiple functional areas and external parties.
• Observe confidentiality of Fee earner-client relationship.
• Work closely with administrative support staff.
• Ensure that Fee earner time sheets are dealt with in a timely manner.
• Perform overload typing, filing, photocopying.
• Other related duties and projects as required.