Owen Reed are recruiting for a Legal Secretary to join a US Law Firm based in the West End. The Legal Secretary will work within the Investigations and Criminal Litigation team.
The Legal Secretary will support one Partner and nine lawyers. The Legal Secretary must have solid communication and organisational skills, as well as a good sense of humour. The Legal Secretary will provide a wide-ranging legal secretarial and support function for the legal staff, supervised on a daily basis by the UK Office Administrator.
General Responsibilities of the Legal Secretary
• Producing all typing, dictation and secretarial services, correspondence and fax, including sometimes lengthy document production.
• Preparing standard documents from templates.
• Obtain business visas for UK passport holders.
• Event administration including reservations, creating and sending invites, tracking and responding to RSVPs
• Organise annual retreat for a team of lawyers, to include budgets, reservations and travel logistics.
• Track billing and collections tasks and follow up.
• Opening new clients and matters on the database system.
• Carrying out conflict checks.
• Carrying out general administration tasks, including photocopying, scanning and document preparation.
• Maintaining diary and schedules for fee earners, including travel arrangements, preparing itineraries and organising internal and external lunches.
• Processing complex travel arrangements and addressing last minute changes.
• Organising and processing expenses and bill preparation as required.
• Managing time entry and management for fee earners.
• Answering and dealing with telephone calls.
• Managing Partner diary and responding to routine emails as required.
• Organising and liaising with clients and other third parties for meetings and conference calls.
• Communicating and liaising with colleagues and the Firm’s other offices on day to day matters.
• Maintaining professional and effective dialogue with clients when fee earners are absent, ensuring close liaison with exemplary client care; proactively supporting Firm-wide client service initiatives.
• Maintaining up to date and accurate client contact database (InterAction).
• Keep track of client contacts and use as a business development tool.
• Organising and maintaining filing systems.
• Assisting other secretaries, fee earners and staff as required.
• Covering secretarial support during absences including, but not limited to, holiday and sickness.
• Covering other support functions as and when required.