Owen Reed are recruiting for a Operations Assistant to join a law firm in the City.
The Operations Assistant will work closely with the Director of Administration to oversee and coordinate on-site operations. This is a hands-on and varied administrative role, providing support in managing the day to day running of the office.
Key duties of the Operations Assistant
• Managing all building, maintenance and facilities related issues
• Liaising with contractors for any building and general office related needs (such as electricians, plumbers). Scheduling and supervising minor office repairs and installation. Involvement in tendering of same, supporting the DoA, as required
• Registering contractors in order to coordinate parking availability, security passes, access etc.
• Coordinating all health and safety related activities
• Assisting with all new hire -office set ups and departures
• Ensuring records and documentation are kept up to date and filed in accordance with Firm policy and compliance requirements (meeting audit and compliance needs)
• Supporting the office’s Business Continuity efforts and plans
• Effectively managing office archiving and onsite/offsite storage
• Coordinating of Office and meeting room moves (partitions for the conference suites, as well as organising chair and table moves)
• Basic level IT front-line support and administration, such as liaising with secretaries with regards to video conferences, liaising with our mobile phone provider, dealing with queries from onsite users, etc.
• Document printing and assembly support to the disputes team, as needed
• General office administrative support for the DoA, as required.
• Assisting the Director of Administration with recruitment for the London Office, including liaising with agencies and candidates, arranging interviews and ongoing candidate liaison through to onboarding
• Assisting with various HR projects, examples include, the implementation of the Firmwide absence reporting system in London, refresh and update HR induction and orientation materials, establishing and maintaining an HR Intranet page for London resources, information and benefits, etc.
• Coordinate and support legal and support training initiatives, including the launch and ongoing coordination of online compliance modules, coordinating with external vendors with respect to content and logistics of training programmes
• Inputting invoices
• Providing backup reception desk duties when coverage is needed
• Performing other related duties as needed