Website Owen Reed
Legal’s our bag
Owen Reed are recruiting for a Practice Assistant to join a top law firm in London.
Department : EMNR
Working hours: Monday - Friday 8.00-5.00pm
Working pattern: 1 day in the office on week one and 2 days in the office on week two
As the single point of contact for Partners and the completion of their work, the role will undertake all aspects of the Practice Assistant role, or where appropriate, manage the workflow by utilising Team Assistants and Document Production, retaining ownership and accountability of all tasks through to completion. Provide a high quality, comprehensive workflow management and organisational service to fee earners in the group and exceptional client service.
Client Relationship Management
• Become an active part in the care of clients and be wholly familiar with contacts/clients and dealing with basic client queries as appropriate.
• Manage the production of documents and check returned work produced by the Document Production team/speech recognition for accuracy/formatting, before it is passed to the relevant lawyer.
• Taking and making client related calls, dealing with and handling message taking as appropriate.
• Liaise with Client & Marketing and provide support for scheduling tender meetings, directory interviews, client training etc.
• Manage Interaction and ensure new prospects, clients and contacts, activities and business development information are added.
• Responsible for keeping up to date with client specific protocols and processes, implementing, providing guidance and training to others where necessary and ongoing monitoring.
• Responsible for files to be opened and closed and supervise general filing requirements and record keeping and production of engagement letters ensuring compliant at all times.
• Monitor and manage key dates for clients and ensure compliance procedures are up to date on all files and matters.
• Support fee earners in business development activities including the involvement in preparation of pitches and presentations, scheduling meetings e.g. tenders, directories, internal clients.
• Work with business development managers on the maintenance of CRM to ensure key client contacts are in Interaction and ‘bounce-backs’ e.g. contacts with rejected email addresses are reviewed, updated or archived from system.
• Assisting in the organisation of internal and external events, seminars and conferences (vulture).
• Manage diaries, ensuring they are up-to date, anticipating requirements e.g. associated travel /accommodation bookings, meeting rooms, drafting itineraries, preparing agendas, preparing and circulating papers.
• Produce and maintain Excel spreadsheets as required.
• First point of contact for the team, dealing with queries and acting on initiative to provide exceptional client service, promoting and developing ownership within the teams.
• Assisting in the tender process – liaising with Business Development, collating outstanding information, assisting with draft/final submissions.
• Arrange for the preparation and collation of internal sector newsletters and briefings
• Arrange photocopying, printing, organising couriers, sending out letters, faxes etc
• Receiving instructions via digital dictation for tasks and acting upon the same
• Maintaining LinkedIn profile, updating connections and adding new activity
• Checks CVs, copies of old tenders
• Manages enquiry inboxes, and website queries
• Key point of contact for allocated Partners, Fee Earners and Clients to maintain relationships and ensure a high level of support is always provided by the team.
• Monitor post and/or emails and dealing with as appropriate ensuring all client related correspondence is passed on to an appropriate Fee Earner and actioned as necessary; proactively responding to and drafting responses on behalf of others, prioritising emails, collating necessary paperwork and e-filing.
• Liaising with and providing support to their immediate colleagues in the department, and where practical, other legal and support departments as requested by Hub Leader. Assisting others where there is spare capacity or it is evident that a colleague needs assistance with their workload.
• Answering phone calls for other members of the team when they are away from their desk and participating in a lunch time telephone rota within the Practice Assistant team.
• Minute taking, following up designated actions to ensure completion ahead of the next meeting.
• Liaison with and taking direction from your Legal Support Manager
• Liaise with the Legal Support Managers over any planned absences, arranging cover as necessary and communicating this to the relevant Fee Earners. Processing
• Responsible for managing priorities and workloads to ensure deadlines are met. Liaising with Hub Leader/Legal Support Managers where challenges arise.
• Responsible for managing the creation and maintenance of data rooms and client information in accordance with case milestones.
• Responsible for ensuring client and matter data is maintained and updated within appropriate systems, raising requests with the BAU team as appropriate. • Online applications e.g. Companies House, Land Registry, Searchflow, CRU forms
• Undertaking searches and completion of requisite forms and submissions
• Ensuring compliance with firm wide/department policies and procedures Customer Service
• Arranging and attending team meetings
• Liaising with Fee Earners, Hub Leaders and Legal Support Managers to take instruction and liaise on work requirements.
• Consistently and appropriately update service users on progress where appropriate
• Regularly offer assistance wherever possible
Essential Skills & Experience
• Advanced knowledge of document management/case management systems
• An effective communicator with the ability to establish and build client relationships; striving to provide exceptional service at all times.
• Customer/client service focused
• Proven experience of managing high level client facing tasks and priorities, with a hands-on, practical approach.
• Effective at investigating issues and seeing a problem through to conclusion
• Conscientious, taking personal responsibility for own work and accountability for its delivery and quality.
• Excellent team player, sharing in team goals to provide excellent quality and efficiency of service, with a willingness to take on new responsibilities and challenges.
• Positive can-do attitude with the ability to adapt to change
• Confidential and discreet but able to redirect information when appropriate to ensure areas of concern are resolved effectively.
• Well organised and methodical with excellent attention to detail, ensuring accuracy in all client communications and deliverables.
• Experience of working in a legal or professional services environment
• An aptitude for providing top level organisational support, anticipating support needs, producing documents and client communications of the highest standard.
• Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com
I have used Owen Reed for many years now, mostly dealing with Jane who has been fantastic, consistently working hard to secure me a position. More recently, Anna (and Archie, who I must say is fabulous at preparing candidates for interview!), has been looking after me, staying in touch and keeping me updated with developments. Between us all we have managed to find me a brilliant opportunity, I am so happy! Owen Reed are my absolute go-to agency as they genuinely care about finding their candidates their perfect job.
Amazing experience with Anna at Owen Reed who successfully secured me a fabulous job ! Thank you to Anna for all your support and guidance!
Great service from Archie start to finish. Coached throughout the whole process kept informed in a timely manner very approachable and professional. Would highly recommend Owen Reed.
Spoke with Archie and she’s been the best recruitment person I’ve worked with. I went from having no job offers in three months to three in a week. Guided me through interviews and prepped me for potential questions so there wouldn’t be any awkward gaps or silences. Changed my whole approach when speaking to interviewers and my only regret is not speaking to Archie sooner 🤝
Working with Archie was one of the best experiences because she was amazing when it came to preparing me for interviews as well as ready and willing to answer any and all questions. Her help will be something I will always remember and would 100% recommend anyone to work with her!
I have been thoroughly impressed and a little blow away by the support received from Archie of Owen Reed. She first approached me about a couple of roles she was recruiting to and once it was decided that she would forward my resume to a prospective employer, supported me in every aspect of the process. She has kept me fully informed, has supported me with interviewing notes and a question and answer session and has given me 'confidence building chats' in preparation of my interview. Suffice to say, after having 2 interviews, I was offered the role which I am super excited about. Cannot thank Archie enough for her support. Would recommend her to anyone seeking a new Legal PA/EA role - she is great and an asset to Owen Reed. May you go from strength to strength Archie . . . thank you!
Copyright 2022 © Owen Reed Ltd.