Website Owen Reed
Legal’s our bag
Owen Reed is recruiting for a Practice and Tech Administrator to join a top law firm in London. this is a team focussed role, based within a practice area in one of the Firm's fee-earning departments, where the role holder will also be a key point of contact for Tech matters within the team.
The Practice & Tech Administrator will work as part of the Legal Operations team to provide timely and high quality administrative/co-ordination support to a group of lawyers. This is a varied role, involving client contact, working as part of a friendly and high-performing team providing great service to our lawyers, and ultimately, the Firm's clients. In addition the Practice & Tech Administrator will be highly skilled in the Technology systems used in their teams, and will have a particular interest in new technology, and will work with the Technology and Strategy teams to test and design new systems, as well as working closely with the Academy Tech learning team to identify training needs within the team.
Duties and Responsibilities
• To build a good understanding of the practice's clients and work, how these align with the Department's business strategy and that of the Firm.
• Acting as a first point of contact on behalf of the fee-earners, fielding calls, emails, correspondence and meeting requests (both internally and from clients), responding on behalf of the fee-earner, if appropriate.
• Full calendar management for assigned lawyers, including scheduling calls/meetings (ensuring all supporting papers/information are available for each meeting), looking ahead and following-up as needed to ensure best use is made of fee-earners time).
• To support fee-earners in the smooth running of the client/matter lifecycle, following documented procedures, ensuring all required information/documentation is obtained, issued and correctly stored on the Firm's systems. This will involve pro-actively chasing fee-earners and their clients for any missing information as well as full management of client files etc.
• To develop a strong working knowledge of the Firm's billing systems, including processes, IT systems and specialist support available internally, to support the fee-earners in being able to prepare and issue timely and accurate bills to clients.
• Supporting fee-earners with monitoring and addressing unpaid bills, liaising with Credit Control as required.
• Full management of travel and expenses for assigned fee-earners, ensuring business travel is booked via the Firm's in-house provider. This will include both routine and more complex travel arrangements, ensuring that fee-earners are provided with full itineraries, supporting materials and that business expenses are captured, approved and processed for payment in line with policy.
• Ensuring all documents are maintained and filed in line with the Firm's electronic and hard copy filing protocols.
• Prepare, amend and proofread documents (e.g. letters, reports, attendance notes, memos, emails, pitch, presentations, articles etc. ensuring these are produced in the Firm's house style, and that they are retained and filed accurately.
• Assisting fee-earners keeping their LinkedIn and our profiles up to date.
• Organising business breakfasts, dinners or smaller events and ensuring that business expenses are captured, approved and processed for payment in line with policy. Researching company/client information and biographies.
• Assisting fee-earners logging referrals and contacts to Interaction.
• Supporting the fee-earning teams in using existing tools and technology (including giving access, providing admin support etc.)
• Contributing to requirements gathering for new technology and solutions, including testing and providing active feedback.
• Facilitating testing and engaging other members of the team in any pilots for new technology.
• Contributing to training and engagement planning for new technology and solutions, in collaboration with the Tech, Strategy and Academy Tech Learning teams.
• Supporting the rollout of new technology and solutions.
• Being actively involved in the MDR LAB programme as and when required.
• Ongoing involvement in technology product development, including identifying new use cases for existing technology. Working closely with the Academy tech learning team to identify training needs for Legal Operations training on Tech subject matter, and to act as a key point of contact between both teams as well seeking and providing feedback.
• If hired within the team, collaborating with Administrative Assistants to ensure that they provide support with filing and archiving, scanning, photocopying, updating contacts on Interaction and arranging couriers etc.
• Liaising with other internal departments (to obtain specialist input as needed, taking ownership of issues and following up where appropriate.
• When required stepping up to cover Practice Assistants or working flexibly across other Legal Operations teams as needed.
• Previous experience gained in an administrative role supporting a team in a similar professional services environment (ideally legal).
• Excellent IT skills across a broad range of MS Office and other business management applications, with a natural affinity for Tech and the ability to share knowledge with others in its use.
• Previous experience in a role that has involved some responsibility for testing or supporting the rollout of new technology and solutions would be highly desirable.
• Strong time management skills; will need to juggle a number of tasks at any given time, plan ahead, and have the ability to re-prioritise and adapt to changes in requirements.
• Previous experience managing calendars for multiple individuals, with the ability to apply judgement and common sense to ensure the best use of people's time is made, and that any potential diary clashes are pro-actively identified and addressed.
• Excellent attention to detail, with the ability to deliver work to a consistently high standard of precision (even under pressure) in an environment where accuracy is prized.
• A flexible approach to work: able to respond positively and willingly to changes to requirements, schedules, work required etc.
• Organised and methodical, and able to operate effectively within structured work processes, in particular, with compliance/quality control frameworks.
• Well-developed interpersonal skills, with the ability to work effectively with a range of people and working styles.
• A strong team player, willing to take on work for additional fee-earners and/or help with other tasks as needed in order to meet the needs of the business.
• Able to communicate effectively, with warmth and professionalism, to clients and colleagues both orally and in writing, including drafting business emails/correspondence.
• High levels of discretion, with the ability to deal effectively with sensitive or confidential information.
• Previous experience using bespoke in-house systems (e.g. client contact databases, matter management systems, billing systems etc.) with the willingness and potential.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com
I have used Owen Reed for many years now, mostly dealing with Jane who has been fantastic, consistently working hard to secure me a position. More recently, Anna (and Archie, who I must say is fabulous at preparing candidates for interview!), has been looking after me, staying in touch and keeping me updated with developments. Between us all we have managed to find me a brilliant opportunity, I am so happy! Owen Reed are my absolute go-to agency as they genuinely care about finding their candidates their perfect job.
Amazing experience with Anna at Owen Reed who successfully secured me a fabulous job ! Thank you to Anna for all your support and guidance!
Great service from Archie start to finish. Coached throughout the whole process kept informed in a timely manner very approachable and professional. Would highly recommend Owen Reed.
Spoke with Archie and she’s been the best recruitment person I’ve worked with. I went from having no job offers in three months to three in a week. Guided me through interviews and prepped me for potential questions so there wouldn’t be any awkward gaps or silences. Changed my whole approach when speaking to interviewers and my only regret is not speaking to Archie sooner 🤝
Working with Archie was one of the best experiences because she was amazing when it came to preparing me for interviews as well as ready and willing to answer any and all questions. Her help will be something I will always remember and would 100% recommend anyone to work with her!
I have been thoroughly impressed and a little blow away by the support received from Archie of Owen Reed. She first approached me about a couple of roles she was recruiting to and once it was decided that she would forward my resume to a prospective employer, supported me in every aspect of the process. She has kept me fully informed, has supported me with interviewing notes and a question and answer session and has given me 'confidence building chats' in preparation of my interview. Suffice to say, after having 2 interviews, I was offered the role which I am super excited about. Cannot thank Archie enough for her support. Would recommend her to anyone seeking a new Legal PA/EA role - she is great and an asset to Owen Reed. May you go from strength to strength Archie . . . thank you!
Copyright 2022 © Owen Reed Ltd.