Owen Reed are recruiting for a Secretarial Manager to join a law firm in London. The Secretarial Manager will report to the International Director of Administration
The Secretarial Manager will work closely with the International Director of Administration, Chief Administrative Officer, the Chair of the London Office and other firm Managers and Directors to manage firm operations and execute firm initiatives at the local level. The Secretarial Manager is responsible for coordinating administrative support and all business functions related to office services, information technology, human resources, accounting, and facilities management.
RESPONSIBILITIES OF THE SECRETARIAL MANAGER:
• Primary responsibility for the performance management, staff professional development, employee mentoring and coaching for the secretarial and office services staff.
• Managing holiday requests and unplanned absences. Responsibility for approving timecards for Secretarial and Office Services Team.
• Working with and responsibility for the reception services function:
• Ensuring that service levels are at expected level
• Event and meeting planning
• Conferencing and catering – ensuring beverage and food services and supplies are managed appropriately
• Working with the Office Services team to ensure the mail and print room services are working efficiently and meeting the requirements of the business.
• Printing services
• Courier and mail services
• Records Management
• Working with the International Director of Administration to oversee the London office facilities:
• Liaising with building management on day to day issues.
• Managing office and work station assignments and arranging internal office moves where necessary – liaising with key stakeholders to get proposed plans approved.
• Working with the reception, IT and office services team to manage the provision of visitor offices.
• Oversee the purchasing of supplies, and the purchasing, leasing, repairing and maintenance of furniture, equipment and fixtures.
• Responsibility for office health and safety (to include work station assessments, fire wardens and first aiders), business continuity and emergency programs.
• Vendor management – working with the vendors to ensure quality of service and supporting the International Director of Administration in the selection of new vendors as appropriate.
• Responsibility for internal communications – updates regarding building issues and contributing to the newsletter (office news).
• Working with the International Director of Administration and the Finance Department to support the budgeting process and monitoring budgets on a monthly basis.
• Coordinating with all administrative departments (IT, Marketing & BD, HR and Finance) in the firm to assist with the implementation of firm-wide policies and procedures as appropriate.
• Working with the Social Committee (or other committees as appropriate to plan and co-ordinate office social events to include the Staff Appreciation Events and Summer/Holiday parties.