Owen Reed are recruiting for Document Checkers/Proofreaders to start as soon as possible on a ongoing temporary basis working for a top International Law Firm based near Liverpool Street. There are various shifts available.
The Document Checker/Proofreader must have come from a professional/legal background. The Document Checker/Proofreader must also be degree educated.
The Document Checker/Proofreader will provide a timely and high quality document checking, copy editing and proofreading service in accordance with the needs of the department's clients.
– Take instruction from the department's clients, clarifying queries as appropriate, following the required administrative and technical procedures
– Proofread a wide range of documents for spelling, sense and grammar in accordance with house style guides or bespoke client requirements, ensuring the highest standard of documentation
– Carry out other checking tasks, both ad hoc and as part of standard departmental practice, to ensure that the quality of documentation is in line with the expectations of the firm
– Provide advice for clients with regard to the use of English language or house style issues and editing documents to improve readability if requested
– Provide guidance to other Document Centre teams on styles/formatting and use of the English language
– Keep personal workload under active review and to advise colleagues responsible for workflow, the department's clients or Supervisor immediately of any potential issues
– Assist, as required, in day-to-day department workflow in rotation with others, as follows:
o to accept and assess work, working with the department's clients to confirm requirements, clarifying queries and renegotiating deadlines as appropriate
o to liaise with other Document Services departments to manage deadlines and keep workloads under active review, ensuring that deadlines are not at risk of being missed, and that clients are informed of any potential issues
– Be flexible in undertaking these duties and any other duties as required