Owen Reed are recruiting for a General Office Assistant to join a top law firm in London.
Working 40 hours per week - 5 days in the office
General Office Assistant
General Office Supervisor
To carry out an efficient postal and errand service for all functions in the Firm, particularly for Fee-earners.
All members of the office
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
• To receive, sort and distribute morning newspapers and magazines.
• To open, sort and distribute all Royal Mail and LDE correspondence and to circulate all internal correspondence around the office throughout the day.
• To distribute incoming faxes and courier packages to respective recipients, dispatch faxes and courier packages that are delivered to the General Office and supply faxes with paper and toner.
• To ensure all outgoing mail and LDE is correctly addressed and secure, frank with correct postage and ensure collection by Royal Mail.
• Book international and UK same day couriers.
• Book taxi/car requests with email confirmation.
• To order stationery items, toners and parts for photocopiers and printers and ensure constant supply of paper for printers.
• To provide an errand service including: responding to emails and telephone requests regarding faulty equipment or other matters; pack up and deliver all stationery requests; liaise with receptionists to arrange conference rooms; supply equipment for conferences, seminars, lecturers and other events.
• To enter incoming cheque and BACS payments and deliver/collect cheques and/or cash to the bank.
• To deliver and collect documents from Court.
• To arrange distribution of internal temporary security passes and arranging passes for contractors.
• Submit permits for work and maintenance requests to the building management team.
• Assist with workstation assessments and installation of office equipment.
• To help with the setting up equipment for conferences, internal and external client events as necessary.
• Assist with internal office moves, moving furniture to prepare workspaces as required.
• To refer matters to the supervisor as necessary.
• To identify own development needs and prepare, agree, implement and review development plans.
• To monitor and maintain a healthy, safe and secure workplace.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
• Good interpersonal and organizational skills
• Ability to communicate well and provide a prompt and courteous service
• Ability to work at all levels
• Ability to work unsupervised and as part of a team
• Ability to work overtime as required
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
• 3 years General Office experience
• Good secondary education
• Basic IT skills