Owen Reed are recruiting for a HR Officer to join a firm based near Cannon Street. This is a permanent position. Ideally the HR Officer must have 10 years experience within HR who is an HR Generalist. The HR Officer needs to be CIPD qualified or by experience and also must have extensive Employee Relations ideally with longevity on their CV
The HR Officer is responsible for providing a professional and comprehensive human resources service on a Pan–European basis, plus Group Companies and Business Line Companies as and when required.
Scope of the role:
- Full generalist remit to support the work within the Department;
- Guidance on human resources policies and procedures;
- Provide employment law advice and guidance as and when required;
- Work with other HR team members on reviewing employee manuals, policies and procedures in accordance with local employment laws;
- Conduct and assist with employee relation matters e.g. grievances, disciplinaries, capability processes, PIPs and exit interviews;
- Administration work to support own tasks and provide support across the HR Department as and when required;
- Support management in the approval process for various rules and other applications;
- Involvement with various projects.
- Qualified by substantial experience and/or to hold full CIPD qualification;
- Have confidence and strength to influence others to achieve a desired outcome;
- Excellent communication and relationship building skills;
- Is resilient and able to show an understanding of good emotional intelligence;
- Be able to demonstrate a logical, pragmatic approach to problem solving;
- Confident to present /speak in front of others and be able to challenge and put forward ideas;
- Team player, organised and flexible, with a good customer service mindset;
- Good knowledge of Word and Excel;
- Must be able to travel and at short notice.
- Substantial knowledge and experience of working in a generalist HR role and have knowledge and understanding of UK employment law and best practice. Advantageous to understand European employment law;
- Advantageous to have experience within a multicultural, multi-country business environment;
- Experience in using SAP SuccessFactors Learning Management System preferred.