Owen Reed are recruiting for a Legal PA to join a top law firm in Manchester. The Legal PA will work within the Employment team.
The Legal PA will be responsible for providing comprehensive PA support to fee earners in order to assist them in their day to day work and maximise the amount of time they spend on fee earning activities. Your duties will include:
Manage diaries, keeping them up to date and reminding fee earners of meetings on a daily basis
Book internal/external meetings
Arranging photocopying, printing, scanning, sending out letters etc.
Arranging for files to be opened and closed, supervise general filing requirements and record keeping
Use effective systems to ensure that both short and long term tasks are completed within required timescales
Support fee earners in marketing activities including involvement in preparation of pitches and presentations
• Take internal and external telephone queries
• Monitor post/emails and deal with as appropriate
• Ensure all client related correspondence is passed on to an appropriate fee earner if the relevant person is out of the office
• Arrange absence cover where necessary and communicate this to the relevant fee earners
Client relationship management
• Become an active part in the care of clients and be wholly familiar with contacts/clients
• Enter, maintain and update client details and relevant information on the firm's contacts system
• Deal with basic client queries and general administration
• Arrange client meetings
• Check correspondence, attachments and documents etc. produced by the document production team before they are passed to the relevant fee earner, making amendments when appropriate.
• Type urgent/short/confidential correspondence and emails
• Produce and maintain Excel spreadsheets as required