Owen Reed are recruiting for a Legal Secretary/PA to join a top London law firm based near Liverpool Street.
The Legal Secretary will provide timely, accurate, complete and consistent secretarial, organisational and administrative support to allocated Attorneys. The Legal Secretary must also work proactively and be able to prioritise your workload.
• Typing and amending correspondence and documents, which are usually short (we have a DP document for the lengthier documents), and undertaking amendments as necessary;
• Accurate proofreading of documents, paying particular attention to headers/footers;
• Making diary appointments, arranging meetings (including booking rooms, confirming dates and locations, distributing agendas and preparing material where required) and diary management;
• Organising travel arrangements where necessary;
• Preparing material (often using PowerPoint) for presentations;
• Quick and accurate preparation of bills ensuring they are sent out as quickly as possible, following up with Accounts or other departments as required;
• Assisting with timesheet posting if required;
• Use and update InterAction;
• Prepare New Matter memos, ensuring accuracy and correct spelling of companies/individuals/checking with fee earners where necessary;
• Managing fee earner work, allocating and prioritising tasks on a daily basis;
• Filing of paper documents, electronic filing and keeping administrative files up to date;
• Follows firm's archiving process as set by Records Management;
• Closing files promptly, transferring files over when a fee earner leaves, etc.
•Arranging by-hands with reception. Arranging courier deliveries;
• Ensures distribution lists are kept up to date, amending as necessary after new conflicts checks.
• Assisting with client queries in a professional and timely manner;
• Assist internal clients (all groups within the business) with queries and respond in a timely manner;
• Assisting with business development initiatives, i.e. organising client lunches, etc.
• Liaising with clients and telephone callers when fee-earners are out of the office. Taking down accurate messages and dealing with queries or assisting callers wherever possible;
• Assist and take ownership for internal/external queries in a polite and professional manner using the most appropriate medium, seek out information and resolve queries;
• Maintains confidentiality and discretion at all times, flagging any concerns or issues at the appropriate level.