Owen Reed are recruiting for a Legal Personal Assistant to join the Real Estate Residential team on a temporary basis until the end of July.
• Experience of working as a personal assistant within a busy residential conveyancing team is essential.
• Immediate start required.
Duties and Responsibilities Responsibilities/Duties
• Acting as first point of contact on behalf of the fee earners, fielding calls, emails, correspondence and meeting requests (both internally and from clients), responding on behalf of the fee earner, if appropriate.
• Completing conflict checks and file opening procedures for new matters. Using Thirdfort to collect identification documents for clients and ensure requirements are met and any discrepancies are followed up.
• Prepare, amend and proofread documents, (e.g. letters, reports, attendance notes, memos, emails, pitches, presentations, articles etc. ensuring these are produced to the required standard and that they are retained and filed accurately.
• Uploading documents to both data sites and to comparison software, using software to collate and bundle pdfs and reports.
• Full proactive and advanced calendar management for assigned fee earners, including scheduling calls/meetings (ensuring all supporting papers/information are available for each meeting), looking ahead and following-up as needed to ensure best use is made of the fee-earners time.
• Creating transactional documents using Contract Express including first drafts of Sale and Purchase Agreements
• Using Searchflow and Land Registry Direct to carry out all relevant property searches
• Photocopying and scanning as required
• Obtaining official copy documents from Land Registry, completion and submitting Land Registry forms for notices and registrations
• Ensuring completed documents are properly filed and scheduled and files are correctly archived
• Preparing Financial Statements and Completion Statements for transactions and invoices. Liaising with the accounts teams and credit control teams.
• Organising existing files and filing of documents
• Dealing with pre and post completion requirements with minimal guidance In particular ;
o Pre-completion: sending appropriate documents to clients for signature: applying for OS1 searches: preparing CHAPs and BACs requests.
o Applying for mortgage funds and liaising with the lender to ensure a timely release of funds
o Preparation and online submission of Stamp Duty Land Tax return
o Maintaining a completion diary
o Drafting replies to requisitions
o Post completion: preparing AP1 registration documents, submitting to Land Registry and dealing with requisitions
o Updating Solicitors, clients and agents on the progress of the completion
o Drafting CHAPs transfers
o Reviewing the client account and ensuring any client balances are returned promptly to the client
• Logging referrals and contacts to Interaction and management of Interaction lists
• Working with the business operations team to arrange couriers and collection of documents
• Completing and submitting expense forms
• To develop a strong working knowledge of the Firm's billing systems, including processes, IT systems and specialist support available, internally, to support the fee-earners in being able to prepare and issue timely and accurate bills to clients
• To oversee and monitor the Mq2 (compliance) checklist for the relevant matters and to support the fee earners to ensure compliance with the checklist and guidelines, particularly around subsidiaries, new matters, conflict checks, searches etc.
• Checking AIM for monies on account and checking to see whether bills have been paid