Owen Reed are recruiting for a Legal Team Executive to join a top law firm in London. This role will be working in the office 4 days a week and 1 day from home. The Legal Team Executive will be required to work Monday-Friday 9.30-5.30 with flexibility needed to support the business
The Team Executive role embraces a team working approach, collaborating with members of the Local Hub Team or Global Shared Services team as a single point of contact, in order to meet the deadline driven nature of the work and high expectations of the support. Team Executives therefore work closely with the Local Hub Team Leader or Coordinator on the completion of core tasks required by the legal practices, and will assist with or complete tasks for Document Specialists, or Practice Executives. You will also be required to support an allocation of Fee Earners within a practice group.
Team Executives provide efficient and diverse administrative, organisational and document support to all practice areas within the firm. Development within the role will be supported by the Local Hub Team Leader/Coordinator and Operations Manager.
• Making minor amendments to documents, delegating complex or lengthy documents to Document Specialists when appropriate.
• Creating and amending documents from various formats including PowerPoint presentations, pitches, CVs, comparisons and filing appropriately.
• Locating or filing documents into document management system.
• Answering calls and taking accurate messages, passing these on promptly and assisting with queries where possible.
• Arranging conference or video calls.
• Processing and submitting expense claims and other administrative tasks (such as engagement letters, membership, learning records, business cards, labels).
• Photocopying, scanning, printing or binding documents, utilising support from resources where appropriate.
• Arranging travel requirements through direct providers or through the online travel portal for booking of flights, accommodation, transport and itinerary.
• Organising or maintaining files for both electronic and hard copy documents.
• Liaising with resources to resolve problems or issues on behalf of lawyers, following up where appropriate.
• Assisting with the monthly billing process: printing off reports and draft or finalised bills.
• Creating or amending written or dictated bill narratives.
• Assisting with New Business Intake requirements and client file opening and related processes.
• Updating Interaction records and contact details, including creating and adding diary or file notes.
• Carry out research or client intelligence where helpful for pitches, marketing, events, briefing packs or approaches.
• Assisting with the coordination of small client events, which may include arranging meeting facilities, resources, or amending materials or documents.
• Attending client events to provide assistance with welcoming and registrar, where relevant.
• Where capacity allows, or deadlines demand, assist the Local Hub or Global Shared Services teams with varied ad hoc tasks.
Risk and Control: Ensure that all activities and duties are carried out in full compliance with our regulatory requirements and internal policies.
Essential skills and experience:
• "Can do" approach, including proactively completing tasks that may be outside general scope of duties or requests submitted to Local Hub.
• Strong organisational skills: able to plan and prioritise effectively in order to deliver high volume work or tasks to demanding deadlines.
• Demonstrates initiative and strong client focus, with a willingness to take ownership of tasks or provide solutions to issues that arise.
• Good communication skills, both written and spoken, and able to liaise across all areas within the firm.
• Behaves in a professional manner, and is personable and approachable at all times.
• Methodical approach, with high levels of attention to detail, providing work that is quality checked and complete.
• Team player, able to work well with others to achieve departmental or task specific goals.
• Demonstrates flexibility and willing to adjust priorities or working hours when necessary.
• Keen to learn new skills and willing to complete a broad range of tasks to develop or improved skills sets.
• Good level of technical ability in Microsoft Office, including Word, Excel and PowerPoint