Owen Reed are recruiting for a PA/EA to join a London law firm. The PA/EA will work for the HR Team. The PA/EA will report to Head of HR & HR Managers. A essential requirement is experience in ‘NetDocuments’ (cloud based document & email management service). Hours: Normal office hours are 9.30 am until 5.30 pm, flexibility is required
The PA/EA will form part of a team of 8 HR professionals. This role requires exceptional administrative and organisational skills, and a high level of competence across Microsoft Office and general computer programmes, together with the ability to seamlessly manage all elements of workflow, demonstrating initiative, enthusiasm and professionalism. To assist with ad hoc requests for information from all members of the firm.
MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
JOINERS, MOVERS AND LEAVERS PROCESS
• Ownership of the Joiners, Movers and Leavers (JML) process for the HR team and responsibility for managing the JML process using Microsoft Teams workflow ‘Tasks by Planner’.
• To complete all new joiner and leaver forms for distribution internally.
• To prepare all induction packs for new starters.
• To organise the induction programme for all fee earning, secretarial and business services staff in the firm.
• Responsible for processing all leavers from the firm e.g. acknowledging resignation, arranging exit interviews with appropriate HR member, advising staff member to update mySRA profile to advise of change of firm and return of firm property.
• Updating documentation for employee movements (i.e. Cascade, , trainee rotations and staff directory) and informing other teams as necessary.
• Monitor FTCs flagging the end date to the relevant HR Manager one month in advance.
• NetDocuments expert for the department.
• Responsible for preparing for the migration of the current HR team electronic folder structure to NetDocuments and the current folder clean up.
• Provide ongoing support to the HR team on NetDocuments.
• Take full ownership of the diaries of the Head of HR and HR Managers, proactively managing all appointments, meetings and related logistics, to ensure that their schedules run smoothly and that they are where they need to be, at the scheduled meeting time, and that they are prepared for each meeting.
• Proactively manage diary conflicts and take appropriate action on queries or clashes.
CASCADE HR SYSTEM
• Cascade expert for department, which includes attending Cascade user group sessions.
• Inputting new starter details onto HR system and archiving leavers.
• Running of reports as required by Head of HR, HR Managers e.g. weekly sickness statistics, compassionate leave and staff turnover figures.
• Responsible for integrity of data held on system updating additions/changes on an ongoing basis.
• To check all payroll changes are reflected on Cascade after the monthly payroll has gone live.
• To check Cascade every fortnight for any pending holiday requests and escalate to the relevant HR Manager to chase the holiday approvers as appropriate.
GENERAL HR ADMINISTRATION
• Administration of all business services sickness letters.
• Shared responsibility with HR team Co-ordinator of the HR filing on a weekly basis.
• Generation of weekly sickness report for review by Business Services HR Manager.
• Assisting Head of HR with all invoicing in relation to Broadstone account – Simply Health, Healthshield, BUPA, AVIVA, Canada Life and Unum.
• Shared responsibility with the HR team Co-ordinator of taking minutes at the weekly HR team meeting.
• To prepare all offer letters and schedules to contract of employment for all staff joining the firm.
• Prepare all variation to contract paperwork.
• To ensure all employment documentation is returned and filed appropriately.
• Administrative support of system e.g. liaison with BD&M on deals of the week.
• Uploading weekly report from Cascade to Reward Gateway to refresh the joiner and leaver data.
PAYROLL & BENEFITS
• Upload new joiner details to ADP and assist with all other monthly payroll changes as required by the HR Managers.
• Advise Broadstone of all monthly membership changes to medical and dental schemes (i.e. joiners, address changes, surname changes and leavers).
• Organise pension surgeries and joiner presentation with Broadstone, our pension and benefits provider, on a quarterly basis in Mayfair and SQP.
• To keep under review information contained on HR Intranet and update as necessary.
FIRM’S ANNUAL REVIEW & SALARY REVIEW PROCESS
• To assist Head of HR and HR Manager with management of the Fee-earner review process.
• Uploading feedback forms to Extranet as necessary.
• Prepare summary of each team’s objectives to distribute to relevant HOGs.
• Provide Salary Review administration support.
PRESENTATIONS & COMMUNICATIONS
• Produce high level quality PowerPoint HR presentations.
• Assist with creating presentable, high quality and effective internal communication material for HR, including HR email blasts, newsletters.
• Organise bi-monthly welcome to the firm presentation by Managing Partner for new joiners.
• Organise bi-monthly new starter Benefits presentation.
• Inputting of all exit interviews on Cascade and department summaries.
• Experience in a fast paced, high volume environment – we need someone professional, articulate and confident.
• Strong organisational, prioritising and deadline management skills.
• Ability to build and maintain excellent relationships internally and externally.
• Be proactive and have the ability to anticipate and plan ahead.
• Excellent communication skills and ability to interact at all levels.
• Attention to detail.
• A good team player with a collaborative style and an active member of the overall team.
• Ability to maintain confidentiality at all times.
• Resilient and focussed outlook.