Owen Reed are recruiting for a Paralegal/Legal Secretary to join a law firm in the West End. This role will be based in their modern Harrow office. The team currently consists of 3 secretary/paralegals but due to increase in work load they are seeking to increase their headcount. All typing is outsourced so the role involved transactional property work only therefore you MUST have a strong working knowledge of property procedures - ideally a mixture of residential and commercial.
The law firm is involved in a mix of dealing with commercial, residential, financial, tenants and lenders.
Seeking a proactive, independent worker with a strong property background with an excellent understanding of property forms, searched, i.e. SDLTs and land registry.
Must be able to work within a very busy environment and keep up with fast pace.
Subject to relevant qualification, experience and supervision, your work will include the following:
- Able to prepare and submit applications to the Land Registry by way of the Land Registry portal without supervision.
- Able to prepare and submit SDLT forms to HM Revenue & Customs electronically and have a working knowledge of the most common SDLT reliefs that can be claimed.
- Able to submit applications to register Legal Charges etc online to Companies House
- Drafting documents, research, some client advice and liaising with solicitors/conveyancers and other third parties.
- You will be required to undertake debt and disbursement recovery, general file management (including filing, file opening and archiving (including ensuring zero balances on files), correspondence, diary management, fulfilling AML requirements.
- Taking and making telephone calls and assisting in managing work flows for the allocated fee earner.
- Able to undertake a full range of typing and administration tasks including producing/sending letters and emails and amending complex documents drafted by their allocated fee earner, preparing bills and completion statement.
- Under supervision and direction, you will assist the team to which you are assigned at any time in acting for clients of the firm. The department/team to which you are assigned may vary from time to time.
- You will be working with the team, and therefore the number of people you assist may vary from time to time.
- You will report to the Head of the Department to which you are assigned (unless otherwise indicated) but may be required to carry out work for any members of the team. You may be required to work with other Paralegals or Administration Assistants within the Firm.
- Depending on the needs of the business and your skill set, you may be required to work for more than one team at a time.
- You must have the ability and flexibility to work as a member of a team and to work constructively with our technology.
- Company pension
- On-site parking