Owen Reed are recruiting for a Team Assistant and PA to join a top law firm in London.
This is a hybrid role.
The role of the Team Assistant and PA to the CMO for the Business Development & Marketing is multi-faceted, working across all the teams within the department. The Team Assistant plays a key role in ensuring the effective operation of the department and in supporting the Chief Marketing Officer to ensure that everything runs smoothly.
The value added by the Team Assistant has a direct impact on the level of service provided to both internal and external clients. It is therefore imperative, as someone providing support for the department, that the support is delivered with a genuine appreciation of the pace and extent of demands expected by the firm's clients. This will involve delivering work with a high degree of accuracy and professional presentation, turned around promptly to meet deadlines, with the parallel aim of going above and beyond wherever possible.
Chief Marketing Officer (CMO) support
• Manage the CMO's diary and inbox, arrange meetings as required, and ensure that documents for future meetings are available a week before for review.
• Book and manage the monthly department meeting; book rooms, ensure the rotating chair has an agenda set up, arrange AV equipment as required.
• Schedule meetings and book rooms as required for the whole BD & Marketing team.
• Take responsibility for the seating plan for the team, update Our People as required, work with Facilities to ensure that room and seat moves are effectively planned and executed.
• Be the point of contact for all invoices that come into the department. Work with the Central Finance team to ensure that all invoices are appropriately coded and signed off, and that a digital and hard copy filing system is maintained.
• General ad hoc administrative tasks as required.
Practice group business development and marketing:
• Support the practice group teams with events by taking responsibility for requesting and dietary requirements, access requirements etc. for events and dinners in the CDRs. Liaise with the Kitchen team to ensure that everything runs smoothly.
• Create first drafts of Vuture invitations and mailings for events.
• Pull together InterAction reports for BD Managers as required.
• Assist in creating, auditing and maintaining lists of marketing materials including credentials statements, flyers and brochures.
• Assist with a variety of tasks relating to legal directory submissions and research processes.
• Work with PAs to ensure all BD activity is regularly recorded in InterAction.
• Undertake administration for firm wide BD activities – e.g., minutes of, and actions from project meetings.
Digital marketing and BD technology & systems:
• Professional photographs – manage the administration of sending out emails to internal colleagues to make their professional photo selections once taken.
• Schedule meetings with internal colleagues and external suppliers.
• Brand shop – working with Stores and General Office where required, maintain an inventory of all branded goods and make repeat orders where necessary. Keep up to date records of all suppliers.
• Take responsibility for the "Other" enquiries that come into the website – fielding the queries to the appropriate colleagues internally to the point of resolution.
• Co-ordinate and send reminders for Hub post updates.
• Manage the mailbox.
PR & Communications:
• Schedule press meetings and book rooms for journalists, partners and the Comms team.
• Update the press meetings tracker.
• Update the firm-wide awards tracker.
• Book tables and coordinate seating plans at award ceremonies.
Person Specification – Knowledge, Skills & Experience:
Experience & Knowledge
• Minimum 5 GCSEs/O'Levels or equivalent at grade A-C including English and Maths
• Two years' work experience in an office capacity
• Good IT skills, in particular, Microsoft Office suite
• Good written and communication skills
• Flexible and adaptable, comfortable with change
• Self-starter, organised, practical and robust
• A team player
• Excellent eye for detail
• Enthusiastic and optimistic attitude
• Pleasant, professional manner
• Comfortable working to multiple deadlines, using own initiative to manage competing priorities
• Professional interpersonal skills
• Ability to work in a face paced team environment with a customer service focus
• Ability to handle confidential and sensitive information with the appropriate discretion
• Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
• Efficient organisation skills with a high degree of accuracy
• Ability to carry out duties unsupervised