Owen Reed are recruiting for a Legal Secretary to join a law firm in Mayfair. The Legal Secretary will work within the Private Wealth/Private Client team (including family).
The Legal Secretary will provide secretarial support, centrally, to a group of Senior Associates, Associates and Trainees. The Legal Secretary should have excellent organisational, communication and prioritisation skills and the ability to juggle conflicting demands and deadlines. The Legal Secretarial role is the day to day contact, internally and externally, and will work closely with Executive Assistants and the Client Administrator team. The Legal Secretary will report to the Secretarial Team Leader.
Main duties and responsibilities
• Take ownership of, and manage, the workflow from the team and delegate/work with central support departments as appropriate
• Proactively and accurately monitor/oversee inboxes on team’s behalf, during absence, as agreed with (e.g. Associates)
• Proactively and accurately monitor/oversee calendars, set up all meetings and related logistics, and ensure all arrangements are made (rooms booked, and calendars updated with changes)
• Prepare, edit and proofread all work, adhere to house-style with attention to detail and a focus on quality
• Work closely and effectively with Executive Assistants, central teams and in collaboration with other Legal Secretaries, providing support in cases of holidays and absences
• Respond to tasks promptly and manage deadlines, to ensure expectations are managed
• Be an effective and professional point of contact, to include managing telephone calls, taking accurate messages and being an ambassador both internally and externally for team
• Manage/co-ordinate billing and compliance processes on behalf of team, to include generating bills, working closely with, and supporting, Client Administrators where necessary to ensure billing/CMI processes are followed correctly in accordance with requirements
• Ensure expense claims are submitted in a timely manner
• Use initiative and actively identify and resolve issues when they arise
• Demonstrate confidentiality, diplomacy and a thorough understanding of the group and clients who you support